1. Waiver and Release Form
Please read the following terms carefully. By participating in any lesson/class (face to face, distance and pre-recorded) provided by Miguel Bengoa PMA-CPT (Qualified and Certified Pilates Instructor) you consent to, and agree to release the Instructor from liability according to these terms. Unless the Instructor notifies you otherwise, this waiver and release will apply to all lessons & classes undertaken by you with the Instructor.
You acknowledge that:
- you are over 18 years of age, or you are over 18 years of age and a Parent/Guardian of the student that is a minor;
- you understand that the lessons/classes are a form of physical activity and that there are inherent risks in undertaking any form of physical exercise;
- you have disclosed, or will disclose to the Instructor prior to the class commencing, any pre-existing conditions that may place you at a higher risk of injury or inhibit your ability to participate in a class, this includes, but is not limited to:
- injuries, pain or recent surgery;
- pregnancy or if you have recently given birth; or
- respiratory or heart conditions or high blood pressure.
- you will notify the Instructor if you experience any pain throughout the lesson/class and will immediately stop participating in the lesson/class if requested by the Instructor to do so;
- based on information you provide, the Instructor may decide not to allow you to participate in a lesson/class, or may require you to provide a medical certificate affirming that you are able to participate in a class before allowing you to join, at the Instructor’s sole discretion;
- you are solely responsible for ensuring that your physical environment is suitable for your participation in any lesson/class; and
- classes may be recorded for by the Instructor for quality control, as well as promotional purposes. Permission will always be asked verbally beforehand. If you do not consent to the Instructor using video or still images taken during the class for promotional purposes, please notify the Instructor.
To the extent permitted at law, you release and hold the Instructor (and where applicable its, directors, employees and representatives) harmless from any liability, cost, expense, damages or claims (including claims of negligence) arising from or which may be suffered or incurred in connection with your participation in any classes provided by the Instructor.
Effective from May 25th 2018.
Birmingham Pilates Studios is a small owner run sole operator business. I do everything in my power to make certain that your data is safe and secure. I am not a lawyer nor a digital media expert. I’ve done my best to follow advice found throught the reputatble organisations that I use to bring this service to you: wordpress.org; Akismet spam protection system: Stripe Payment Processor and Paypal.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.birminghampilatesstudios.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We ask for emails and telephone numbers that we may easily contact you to provide an answer to your questions. This information is not used for any other services.
We have an opt-in pop-up for cookies.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website. We have embedded content from Acuity Scheduling and YouTube.
Who we share your data with
- Acuity Scheduling Software
- Stripe Payment Processor (if you use it)
- Paypal (if you use it)
- MailChimp – Newsletter and Marketing Platform for Small Businesses
- WordPress.org Content Management System
How we protect your data
Your medical screening is stored on Acuity Scheduling software. It is totally confidential and is not shared with any person or company in any way shape or form.
If you pay by card in the studio, your debit or credit card details are stored with Acuity. The computer that regularly access the site is password protected as is the Acuity site.
- Acuity Privacy Policies: here and Terms and Conditions: here
- International Data Protection Agreement: here
The other methods of payment: Paypal and Stripe are similarly safe and protected.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through the automated spam detection service: Akismet.
My contact information
Please see the footer of every page on the site.